Preparation for Children to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation (Penance) and Eucharist
First Communion is a very exciting time for a family. The reception for the first time at the Altar of the most Holy Eucharist is the second Sacrament of Initiation for your child and a blessed day for your family. As a part of the preparation for Eucharist, all children must be participate in the preparation for the Sacrament of Reconciliation as a prerequisite. The preparation for the Sacrament of Reconciliation is required by the USCCB and the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
Our parish offers two preparation class sessions to choose from, Thursdays 5:30 to 6:30 pm or Saturdays 4:00 to 5:00 pm. These one hour classes are required. There are four classes in the fall for Reconciliation and six classes in the spring for Eucharist.
What to do to prepare for the first of many blessed days for your child to participate in the Reconciliation & Eucharistic Sacraments:
- All children must have completed 1 year of Faith Formation in a parish based program or a Catholic School to be eligible.
- All children must be currently enrolled in a Faith Formation in our parish based program or a Catholic School to be eligible.
- Fill out the Sacramental registration form and choose your session (Sat. or Thurs.)
- Please attach a copy of your child’s Baptismal Certificate.
- Attendance and completion of all requirements.
- If your child meets these requirements please feel free to fill out this 2018-2019 Sacramental Registration
Class Schedules for 2018-2019